About the Artist
I owe my interest in painting to my children. Whilst helping them with creative projects they encouraged me to develop my art interests. In 1999 I signed up with the local community college and took drawing classes. From there I took oil painting classes for 4 years and discovered a passion and love for oil painting. I have been working independently ever since enjoying a creative career, and have shown in New York and Los Angeles Galleries.
A background of fashion design and buying helped me understand color and design. I love being able to create depth and feeling on the flat surface, and have a passion for the form and color of flowers. I am fascinated in the way that petals bend and curve over each other, and by the texture and color of materials like aged wood, rusted metal, and stone.
Recently I have embarked on a Marin Fog Series. Hiking in the hills surrounding my home in Lucas Valley I could not ignore the beautiful landscape that I enjoy every day. With that beauty and the changing seasons and atmosphere in my head the fog talked to me and I had to paint it as I see it.
- Amsterdam Whitney Gallery: Chelsea: New York
- Infusion Gallery: Los Angeles
- Marin Magazine: Promoting Marin Open Studio 2008: May 2008
- Marin Independent Journal: Promoting Marin Open Studio 2008: April/May 2008
- 2008 Marin Open Studio Poster/Cover Art: Marin Arts Council: California: April/May 2008
- Marin Independent Journal: Promoting ‘Anything Goes Show’ at the Indian Valley Artist Association, Novato, California, October 2004
- Novato Advance: Promoting ‘Artist’s Choice Show’ at North Bay ArtWorks, Novato, California, October 2006
- College Of Marin Community College 1999-2004
- Studied under: Katrina Wagner, Emily Lazarre, Kent Rupp
- MarinMOCA, (Art League of Northern California), Novato,
California: 2004-Present: Board member 2007 ongoing
- Marin Society of Artist: Ross, California: 2004-2008
- Marin Arts Council: San Rafael, California: 2004-2012